Thursday, 22 July 2010

Hungry, hungry hippo

Last night, I made pizza from scratch. That's right, the dough and all. Here's a picture of the dough all formed out. I used this recipe from AllRecipes.



Here's it with some tomato sauce that I had left over in the freezer, some extra chopped garlic, spinach, & mushrooms. The baking sheet underneath is an old one that I use for "catch-all" purposes. I have a pizza stone, but haven't attempted to use it yet.



I then loaded it with mozzarella, and other types of various left over Italian cheeses. Overall, it came out pretty darn good. I didn't get a finished picture because Sam walked in the door, went upstairs, took the pizza out of the oven, cut it up and served it to us. By the time I remembered that I had wanted to take a picture, well, there were only two slices left!

I'll definitely be making this again!!

3 comments:

xxEosxx said...

Oh, that looks so delicious...nomnomnomnom!!
Gotta love home made pizza

Gingerella said...

I'll have to try that one, my first attempt at making pizza dough didn't turn out so well, haha!

Amanda said...

Looks yummy!