Wednesday, 16 June 2010

So, I lied...



One of my friends from back home is expecting #2. She asked me what size I was wearing now days because she has clothes that she'll never fit into again. Now, she's a doc and has some amazing clothes, cool & pretty. She tells me they are all about 3/4's and smalls.

I lied, well, not completely. I told her I was getting off a few pounds, and I should slide right into those babies. I am getting off a few pounds, but I won't be sliding into those babies right now because those "few" pounds are more like 10 to 15 pounds. I will, though, I will. I was in a 3/4 only a few months ago. I just started up a running routine again. I will have to put exercise on hiatus for a short while after I have a procedure done. But I'm planning on talking to my doc about that and some dietary changes too at my next appointment.

So, yes, I lied. I lied because I wanted clothes new to me without having to go out and go shopping. Maybe, this too will be the extra nudge of motivation to get the rest of this body in gear. I know it will take a while for her to pack them up and ship them because of her horrendous work schedule and family life. So, perhaps, by the time that box arrives, I'll be half way there.

2 comments:

v8grrl said...

hahahaha, naughty...
but as I thought about it, you know you probably WILL fit into those clothes..if they are "higher" end clothes they make the #'s smaller and the size a wee bit bigger, makes the rich people buy more!

pass some my way after you sort through them!
m

Gingerella said...

New clothes is my lose weight motivator too...don't feel bad about lying!