Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Guilty Pleasures & Silliness



Yes, I bought this book. My curiosity has gotten the best of me, plus, it was only $1.99. Gosh knows that I did not need another book. I have shelves upon shelves of books that I have not read yet. Books are one of my weaknesses. I used to read four or five books a week, and that was during the time that I was working 40-60 hours a week. I had gotten into the habit of buying books whenever I saw a bargain. In fact, yesterday after my pre-op appointment, I popped into a Dollar Tree. You know one of those places where everything's a dollar; it boggles my mind! I picked up two more hardback books for $1 each.

I do miss this book store back home in Louisiana. It was called The Book Rack. It was an old house filled with used books. You could buy them super cheap, and one of the perks was that you could trade in books for credit on other books. In all actuality, I could go in and hardly ever spend a dime! Of course, there were always some books that I just had to keep and have read over and over. I admit also, that I just love having books, everywhere. It is a shame that little places like that are so few and far between now. About ten, twelve years ago, a friend and I had dabbled with the notion of opening a similar shop. Our gimmick though? We would not serve coffee, noooooooo, we'd serve booze! Hahaha!! I still love that idea. ~heart~

2 comments:

Gingerella said...

If you ever get around to actually reading it *grin* let us know how it is!

Lapetitemort said...

Oh I definitely plan on reading it! I am making more time for reading for pleasure; I miss it too much.