Monday, 26 October 2009

Lofty Goal - A Body Makeover Challenge


One of my favorite magazines that I receive every month is having a body makeover challenge. I am actually debating taking part. The winner receives $1000 to boot.
Since I started this respiratory therapy program, I have put on four pounds. Don't ask me how. Well, I know how, comfort food. Stress = fried foods and sweets. Basically, I have started some bad habits that need to be halted.

This magazine (Oxygen for Women) always has great menu plans and exercise routines. So, I think that I am going to use some of those meal plans and routines. I think a healthier life change will also help with my stress. The walking that I have been doing is just not enough. I will just have to make the time.

Maybe a contest (that I know truthfully that I cannot win) is just the kick in the flabby rear that I need, something to hold me a little more accountable. They require before and after photos. Before: in a bikini holding the said issue of the magazine. The contest ends in February.

I just got back from walking to the grocery. I bought everything on the meal plans for week 1. That's a start.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck on the challenge. I know I tried to do the Self magazine challenge and only made it a month. There were no cash prizes, though. Best Wishes!