Friday, 11 September 2009

Inspired

I did my first six mile walk home from school today. I am beginning by doing it on Mondays and Fridays. My early morning classes are those two days. This way Sam can drop me off on his way to work, and I can walk home. I will increase my days in October when we switch and add classes.

It was really nice walking all of that way home. The prairie dogs were hilarious and I giggled whenever they did their "Intruder!" chirps and scurried into their holes, only to pop up and watch as I walked by. There were apple trees hanging over fences where fruit was mounded on the ground. I was tempted to sift through and see if any had not been nibbled by birds or other critters and take some home. All sorts of mushrooms and wild flowers. I definitely want to take a camera with me so that I can snap some cute shots when I come across them. I may try different routes as well to see what I can discover.

On a sad note, I received an email from my cousin that my great aunt passed away early this morning. My cousin was nice enough to share her last weeks with me and how my aunt often asked about how I was. These are the times that I am sorry that I live so far away. I really would have liked to spend more time visiting her the past five or six years. At least, I still have wonderful memories of her. I still remember watching "The Brain that Wouldn't Die" at her house with her husband when I was much younger, =)

pic from http://www.widgeetv.com/images/The%20Brain%20That%20wouldn%27t%20die%20-%20poster.jpg

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about to Great Aunt's passing. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

On a different note, The Brain that Wouldn't Die is a very fun film. I first saw it on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Hilarious, fun, cheesy Sci-fi fun.