Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Thursday night!


One of my favorite movies of all time is coming on TCM Thursday night. I don't know why I am so excited. I still have the double VHS. ~snicker~

I have loved this movie since I was a small girl. I mean, the costumes and scenery?! Too, my parents loved it. My dad had show truck that he airbrushed with scenes from the movie. And he etched the glass too. It is a 52 Chevy pickup. =) The book glued me when I was a teen.

The best viewing though was about six years ago. A friend of mine and her sister and I went to the Saenger theatre in New Orleans for their summer movie series. The tickets were 75 cents. There was the old organ played before the movie began. As the lights went down the organ descended into the floor. It rose again during intermission. It was amazing to see it on the big screen in all it's glory. ~sigh~

So spen Thursday night with Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Olivia de Havilland, Leslie Howard, Butterfly McQueen, and Hattie McDaniel on TCM!!! Gone With the Wind

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I LOVE Gone With the Wind. Thanks for the headsup!