Saturday, 4 July 2009

Radio Shows



I have been really into listening to old radio shows. A few years ago, we bought three of the Twilight Zone radio series. (You can download some free here) Too, we have bunches of old cassette tapes with old radio shows, Orsen Wells, mysteries, etc. I have become a little addicted to them. Wonderful for when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't turn on lights to read or turn on the tv (which never has much on anyway). Too, I like them for housework, cooking or sewing time because I do not feel like I am missing anything by not being in front of the television. I am always on the lookout for things such as this.
Though I never enjoyed them before, I also have started enjoying audio books in much the same way.
Another free online site of all old radio shows!
http://www.radiolovers.com/allshows.html

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm a OTR addict so I loved your post. They are really nice to listen to when you wake up in the middle of the night and they are great for doing chores. It makes them go by so much quicker and it is much more mobile than watching the t.v. (I always feel guilty doing chores with the t.v. on)

Lapetitemort said...

I do too, because I inevitably will sit down and start watching...
Glad to know that I'm not the only one addicted!