Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Every morning when I wake up...


I have trying to get up in the morning and put on a face and fix my hair every day. Actually, I have the task down to between five and ten minutes for makeup. Hair is a different issue. Sometimes, my set will stay for a day or two, other times, not so much. I may try cotton rag curlers at night and see how my hair does in the morning. I am trying to get a quick routine down for when I have to actually leave the house by 7:00 am. I am trying to get it down because there will be two of us trying to get ready by the same time. One of the small things that I will miss about working from home. I will definitely lay out my clothes the night before and prepare a packed lunch in the fridge to throw in my little cooler bag too. Sam does that the night before for work the next day.

But back to makeup and hair. I do find that I feel much better during the day when I have taken the little time in the morning to fix myself up. Now, if I could get my clothing in order. Since I work from home, I tend to wear rolled up jeans and a little tee. I take another quick shower in the evening (it has been terribly hot & we only have one window unit that I use sparingly) and change into a cute dress or something while making dinner. As I mentioned earlier, I will be walking home from school in the afternoons (5+ miles), so my shoes will be the utmost of comfort. I have several little Mary Jane type athletic walkers. I love them, and though they look a little childish, I think they are adorable. =) I am sure I will figure everything out eventually. Plus, when clinical times come, scrubs will be the answer to all!

4 comments:

v8grrl said...

ride your bike...switch shoes and carry your non comfy shoes.
I'm so excited about all of this for you...
also, take a parasol to block the sun if you walk.

oooh how exciting
ps
by week 3 you will be lucky to put lipgloss on

Lapetitemort said...

I can't ride my bike up and down all those hills. Yeah, I'm lame. But maybe in a few months, I'll be able to hack it. That's why I'm just going to have Sam drop me off in the morning and I'll walk home in the evenings. =)
Parasol! Good idea for the freaking evening sun!!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

How funny, I was just timing myself to see how quickly I can get a shower, blow dry my hair, put on makeup,then hot set my hair and finally get dressed. Today: 35 minutes, but I had already picked out what I was going to wear. I am eating breakfast and letting my hair cool down and then it will probably take another 5 minutes to brush out and style.

Also, you mentioned something about how to look vintage in scrubs, and I thought you could wear fake flowers in your hair. I often do this to jazz up a pony tail, french twist, or bun. They are really inexpensive to make (maybe I will do a tutorial on my blog) and maybe that could be your 'thing'. There is a girl at my Costco who checks receipts, and she is always wearing a different flower when I see her. It is fun to see what new flower she has and I have heard other customers comment on how nice it looks on her.

Lapetitemort said...

I do that! =D I was not even considering my little bows and flowers! Thank you for the reminder.
I have a bunch of different types of flowers with different little accent pieces in them. Some are glittery (for performances), some have cherries, anchors and such. I also have some beautiful bows that have rhinstones and glittered old absinthe "signs" in them.