Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Feeling scandalous...

I was answering a question over at The Mysterious Life of the Metropolitan Housewife, and I began feeling jazzy and wanting some 20s inspiration. Josephine Baker, ahh, what an example of a woman ahead of her time, and a perfect example of a 20s "flapper" woman. Those bananas will be remembered for eternity.






How glamorous is this woman? I can only imagine that she has a flask hidden in her garter belt, hehe. Luxurious in feathers and pearls! Perhaps she is off to dinner and dancing with a mobster of the day?



Anyone want to Charleston? I can hear the music playing! Uh-oh! I see knees!

I think that I need to go find some 20s patterns to work on, and perhaps a nice hat or hair ornament piece will be in my hunt soon.

1 comment:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Such a gorgeous post, I love all of these photos and that headpiece is such a work of wearable art. Amazing find. ♥