Sunday, 31 May 2009

Weekend & griping & explanation of insanity - feel free to pass on by

Well, as you saw, I did the purple. It seemed that I have a ton of time just sitting this weekend because work decided to pile it on and send some FedEx's on top of it. Since I had no choice but to be butt-planted in front of the computer, I decided "Why not?"

On the other hand, I knew this would happen. You see, for two months, every week I have been reminding them that I am beginning school. Even though I am taking online classes for the next two months, I have told them that I would be unavailable during the day for two days so that I can make sure that I give myself adequate time for the school work and online tests. It has been a number of years since I have been in school. I just want to make sure that I get into the swing of things with as little stress as possible until I get used to it again. When I gave them a reminder, once again on Friday, they acted as if they had never heard it. =( I have to check with the department over at the respiratory school, but I am pretty sure, that once I am there, I go five days a week from 7:30am-3:00pm. That will definitely make me unavailable to work. Hence, why I am applying for student aid (hello once again, dear old fafsa and sallie mae). I think they will drop a load when I tell them. You see, to add to the story, one of their useless drafters has decided to retire. Not that it's a big loss because I am told he just sleeps in the chair most of the day or sits on the phone or plays games. On the other hand, they may not be hiring another person to replace him. I gently suggested that they should, as they never know how long I will be available for their every whim. I plan on giving them notice of my plans as soon as I find out the schedule for August. I have even gone so far as to tell them that I am pretty sure that will be my schedule in August, and I will not be available for them. It seems to go in one ear and out of the other, as they continue to tell me of awarded projects that are weeks work of drawing that will be sent to me. ~sigh~

So you see, this is one of my reasons for doing all of the craziness that I have been. It is quite a stress relief, gives me much pleasure and in August I will have to revert to being somewhat normal again.

No comments: