Friday, 22 May 2009

Holiday? What holiday?

Am I the only one who has to work Memorial Day? The office that I work for hardly ever, ever closes. Though I am contracted and work from home, it seems that I tend to get the brunt of the work not being done in the office. I am crossing my fingers that not much will come my way and that I can at least enjoy part of the day with no deadlines looming.

I keep hoping to find the time to begin Butterick 6582 '60 retro dress view B. I have some really cute black sugar skull cotton that I would love to make into that dress. I do need to pick up a zipper though. Hmmmm, JoAnn's shopping? I love that store. Of course, it is one of the only stores near me with fabric, patterns and such (besides WalMart). I was really sad when they closed up Hancock's Fabrics. It was only 2 miles away. =\

2 comments:

retroliving said...

The bows on the black one are adorable.
♥Darla

Marie Reed said...

I didn't have the day off either.. well it's not a holiday here in France:) I'm over from retro living's blog!