Sunday, 26 April 2009

Sewing

I have come to the conclusion that I really do not like what's out there in the stores right now. Plus, I just really do not like looking like everyone else. I hit JoAnn's today because I needed a zipper for a cute cotton dress that I adore but whose zipper bit it. I picked up some cute pique in different shades of yellow to make the adorable 50s halter and short set in this pattern. ~points down~
I also have some fun cotton fabrics for two retro style summer dresses. I have made up my mind that I just have to make the time to sew and not just for burlesque costumes. Besides, I have drastically scaled back on those appearances.

It's also funny because for the past couple of years, when I have been in vintage stores, I have been in desperate search for a 70's jumpsuit or romper. Unfortunately when I have come across one, fit is always an issue for me. Although I am petite, I am pretty long waisted. Imagine my surprise at what is "in fashion" right now. Right, jumpsuits and rompers! Now, I cannot bring myself to get one. For some reason, I just do not want to wear what is "in style." So, I think making my clothes will just be better for my mindset. I guess that I will keep on constant watch for patterns that catch my eye now.

No comments: