Thursday, 12 March 2009

School

So, I have found three schools that are accredited by CAAHEP for Respiratory Therapy in Colorado. Luckily, two are very near my house. You see before the hurricane, I was one Microbiology & Lab and the second Anatomy & Physiology & Lab class from applying to LSU Medical for Respiratory & Cardiopulmonary Technology, BS. I have come to learn that there are actually very few states that offer a BS, Masters or PhD program for this route. So, I am debating going back and just getting the associates and sitting for the certification. The upside is that the technical colleges are much, much cheaper. =) I am contacting the school that is less than ten miles from my house first. I would like to talk to the program director there and see if my prerequisites qualify or if I have to retake anything. Hopefully, my higher science, biology, and other technical classes will get an okay. Plus, I miss the classes, the science. I'm a little jealous of my friend ~m~ who is doing so much. =p I need to progress instead of sit stagnant.

2 comments:

v8_grrl said...

so...good girl...you do the program then what you do is you do the online transfer to DU or CU for BS or AS or whatever the actual degree is that you are wanting. it is quite easy...
ohhh I hope you do this :)

Lapetitemort said...

They've already emailed me back saying they have forwarded my transcripts to the head of the respiratory department. They're quick!
I'm just hoping they accept the classes that I have already taken to fulfill the prereq requirements. There is only one that I may have to take, but I am hoping not. =)