Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Potting in anticipation of spring

Besides cleaning, I spent the morning potting herb seeds in old cracked coffee mugs. I stuck them in my kitchen window in hopes of having an indoor herb garden. I have a bunch of seeds that have already sprung sitting by my sliding glass door in the kitchen just waiting in anticipation of the time when they can be sown in the yard. Well, whenever nature decides that we will actually have spring weather, I will hand till the boxes and sow the little bits in.

I have boxes of magazines in the garage just waiting to go to some magazine recycling bin. They took away the one behind the grocer that I walk to about six months ago. I have not found one within walking distance yet or even one near the places I venture when I do have a vehicle. =( I wish I knew someone who did not have subscriptions to Yoga Journal or Body+Soul. I would just hand them off for others to read, another little recycle plan. The only ones that I actually keep are my Garden Gate issues and my Oxygen Fit issues since I reference them so much. I guess I will come upon a recycle bin sooner or later. I could always put them in with the stuff we donate to Goodwill or Paralyzed Vets, I guess.

I get to register for my classes next Monday. Yaay.

edited to add:

An aquaintence of mine suggested that maybe I see if there is a women's shelter to donate my girl-y magazines. What a clever and smart idea! I wish I had thought of that.

1 comment:

v8_grrl said...

I bring all of Synda and my magazines to the hospital for the people waiting or up in the rooms...

perfect...
you can also take them to the library and they ususally have a "free" table...

Or do a magazine swap with a friend