Friday, 27 February 2009

Carrot Soup!

I got this recipe from Dr. Weil's 8 week plan for optimal healing power from body+soul magazine. I tweaked it to fit what I had. May I say it came out so good!! I really could have sat down and eaten the whole pot!

1 lb carrots
1 medium potato (I used 2 tiny sweet potatoes)
1 onion (I had a red one in the fridge)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
3 cups vegetable stock (I used 3 cups water)
juice of 1 orange (I used a bit of Simply Orange juice because I didn't have a fresh orange on hand)
salt and pepper
chopped scallion for garnish (I left this off)

Peel and slice carrots into thin rounds. Peel and dice potato. Peel and chop onion coarsely. Heat oil in large saucepan, add vegetables and the parsley and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, without letting the vegetables brown. Add the stock (or broth or water), heat to boiling, cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Allow to cool a little and use a food processor or blender to liquefy the soup. Add the orange juice and salt and pepper to taste. Heat to serving temperature and serve (garnished with chopped scallion). Serves 4.

1 comment:

v8_grrl said...

i'm so going to make this.
it sounds so good.