Thursday, 12 February 2009

back from vacation

It was nice, relaxing, and over-indulgent. I gained two pounds. I know exactly what I did wrong, but it was vacation!!!

My new trick hoop came, yaay!! This made me decide to change the routine that I was planning on doing tomorrow and Saturday for the Valentine's Day shows. Yesterday, Sam brought me to JoAnn's where I picked up fabric, thread, velcro and notions to come home and create and sew a whole new costume. Now, to get a trick hoop routine finished by tomorrow night! I am flaky. I had planned on doing this whole slow, sultry routine to an old blues song. On the way home from picking up our dogs, "Friday I'm in Love" came on the radio. ~light bulb over head~ Instantaneous changes and I had to stop to get the stuff for a whole new routine. You see, I am petrified of doing slow, sexy dancing. I feel like a humongous dorkus while trying to perform.
I booked more shows this month as well. Artopia on Broaday on the 21st! I will be there with two other lovely ladies performing two shows. I will also be a model for the taste of Dr. Sketchy's that night.

I am emailing my friend, tattoo artist, to see if she would like to hook up at the gym next to where she works, and the one I go to, to see if she'll exercise partner with me. I am also looking into some adult ballet and jazz classes at a dance studio about 2.5 miles away. It is just that the classes are on Friday nights and many of our big shows are on Fridays and Saturdays. The jazz classes are on Tuesdays though. Hrm.

No comments: