Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Whoa...


In hopes of not putting a dumbbell through my monitor, I decided to actually use them for their intended purposes. I have weak little girly arms. Yes, 5lb dumbbells kicked my J-Lo booty. I am weak. I should retire my "Call the Vet because these Puppies are Sick" tee. Yes, that's it and I do own it. =)

Why do you ask was I going to throw a dumbbell through my monitor? It's that wondrous thing called employment and the idiots with whom I am employed. Discouragement. Pondering what do I want to be when I grow up. Same things pop into my head. You know, the female version of Indiana Jones, a mad scientist, a librarian, an independent toy store owner with attached vintage clothing, fitness person. ~sigh~ So, I exercise to relieve the anxiety.

I did look up the group classes offered at my gym (which I have not been to in six months) that is walking distance from my house. I picked two to go to for the rest of the week. One is at 5:30am, the other on a weekend morning. Maybe getting out of the house and around people will help some. I even debated quitting my job and applying for the reception/check-in job there. How high stress could that really be? Plus, you would probably get discounts, haha.

On a side note, I am also discouraged with my burley-ness. It seems to be getting competitive for shows, auditions, spots. I hate that feeling. I do not like competing with people who I truly like. It sort of takes the fun out of it. Plus, I am reduced to feeling like I did in high school. Boooo. I think I may not do the competing thing after this show, and just schedule myself for regular shows. I would hate for this to become something negative for me when it is pretty much a positive and enjoyable hobby. Right now, I have quite a few acts (single, duet & group) to work on, plus costumes and props. Nerve wracking, I tell you. Yes, best to simplify and continue to be happy in it. So after the next few months obligations, relaxation time!

I am actually looking forward to our getaway with family in Crested Butte in a few weeks. No phones, no faxes, no obligations, just fires, snow, cocktails!

No comments: