Thursday, 8 January 2009

Recycle it!


I am really, really trying to make changes, one by one. I have gotten rid of almost all of my plastic kitchen stuffs. The only thing remaining are my storage containers with lids. Those I will hold on to much longer. I took a ceramic pitcher that I used to keep near my stove will all of my cooking utensils down. I am now using that for my tea. I substituted one of the many wide mouth glass vases that I have to hold my big spoons, tongs, spatulas and such. Also, I stole an idea from a restaurant to hold water in the fridge. I boil tap water for drinking and such. Now, I funnel the water into old wine bottles and pop them in the fridge. It is a cute presentation, and I am reusing the pretty bottles too!

1 comment:

JB said...

ooooh I like the water in wine bottles! space saver in the fridge too!

we have started our efforts too. I expect to get rich from my hubby's beer can collection :-)

TGIF to you!!!