Thursday, 18 December 2008

Sew, sew, sew


I have been a sewing fool. Aprons, food pieces, skirts, props...all for the holiday shows that begin next Friday. The apron, though, I love it and will more than likely use it to cook with because I'm a dork like that. I also have been slightly under the weather, but have meds and am feeling good now, yaay! Damn snot and such. I think just constant practices, sewing, work and stressing have finally taken their toll. I have a feeling that my extra activities will be coming to a stall next year, or just a crawl. I need to create less stress in my life. Though I LOVE the performing, all of the preparations and time are quite tiring and stressful. I am just going to have to take on less. Plus, I love to sew, but not under time constraints or deadlines. It seems too much like a job when things are required in time lines.
Next year is going to be more relaxation and free time. Maybe one show a month, two if I stretch myself. No more derby. Work done in my own time limits, to an extent. I have let all the things I have enjoy slip away. I don't like that. And, my health has suffered from pushing through so much this past year. Time to take care of me and enjoy activities, not make them a job.

No comments: