Monday, 22 December 2008

Only on the Wank!

A friend of mine just sent me this email. This is only something that could happen back home!

After driving around for 45 minutes looking for the DMV in Algiers (which was right under the bridge as everyone said it was) I left the Wank only to accidentally drive through a tag only lane. I had to drive back to the west bank and stand in a line for 30 minutes to pay the dollar in order to not get a ticket (Which is $26, btw, and totally worth paying to not go to the West bank toll tag office.)

Of the FIVE people I asked directions to the DMV, only one actually know were it was. None of the others admitted to not knowing and sent me on a random chase around the westbank. There was a kind man who ran a gas station, who although he was unaware of the DMV existence, offered me a beverage called Chelada while I was pumping gas. "It is very popular in Mexico"

There was an actual sign on the gas station window. My picture unfortunately cuts off the refreshing pieces of lime that it is served with. If I hadn't told you about the lime, you may have found the drink distasteful. Attached is a picture.

No comments: