Wednesday, 26 November 2008

I saw mommy kissing, uhoh


This just made me giggle to no end. Do you think his mommy got what she wanted for Christmas?

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. In my world, he would look like Sam Elliot. Yeah, he's my older man crush. Hot, hot, hot. He could be under my tree anytime. Wait, wait, back to reality. Believe me, I wish there was a mystical place at the North Pole. I would be among many who would run away there. Oh wait, but what if the elves are working like sweat shop captives. Yikes!

I love the holidays, but it annoys me that Thanksgiving gets shoved in a cob-webbed corner and forgotten. People on my street began decorating the day after Halloween. It really is too much. Last night on our way home, lights twinkled, trees glowed in front windows. When did this happen? I remember when I was really little, we did not decorate until around December 20th, at earliest. We even had a fake tree so it wasn't that my parents were afraid the tree would croak. It seems that the holidays are losing their meaning and appeal and magic, all of them. I mean, look at poor Thanksgiving, forgotten, no decorations, no nothing.

No comments: