Wednesday, 15 October 2008

The State of LPM




I have become one of those women, the ones you see on What Not to Wear. I swore that just because I work from home that I would not do it, but I have. I crawl out of bed when the phone starts ringing, grab a cup of joe, and shuffle down to my office. I stay in my pajamas all day. I don't fix my hair, just clumsily tie it back in a pony tail. Heck I have even quit wearing a bra. I think about going outside to walk the dogs or walk to the store, but that would require actually putting on real clothes and putting forth a slight bit of effort. Why worry after all? No one even sees me and the FedEx guy just shoves my envelopes between the screen door and real door so I don't even have to worry about him anymore.

I sit my doughy butt behind this computer most of the day. When I know the office there is closed, I shuffle on around to do housework. I try to jump in the shower before S gets home and put on a new pair of pj's. I have lost interest in almost everything because I don't want to be bothered.

In a few months perhaps I'll require an intervention. However, I don't expect Stacey or Clinton to show up at my door or Nick Arogio to do my hair. Ok, Nick would be my wet dream for hair. I guess I will consider it rock bottom when you see me out of my house in my pj's. If you do witness it, feel free to stop me and smack some sense back into me.

2 comments:

v8_grrl said...

It's a weird evolution...It starts with the slippers. You think, My slippers are really comfy and I'm just running to the store for a quick bit...and there you are in the store in Fuzzy Slippers. It's Wrong!!!! Don't do it!

Next thing you know you will have your Pj's and curlers and be picking out Entemanns at the Targets :)

Have a party...a real grwon up party and make invitations. It's a good reason to clean the house and put on real clothes..and please put on a bra, no one wants to see the girls swingin from side to side.

Lapetitemort said...

I have been in Target with rollers and a bandana over them before. But in my defense, it was the day of a show and I was running from venue to there to venue to home to venue...
~is embarrassed~