Monday, 6 October 2008

Bento Lunches!


I have been obsessed with looking at the bentolunch community over at LJ. It amazes me what people can do with food, especially those that have little kidlings. I mean, what little kid wouldn't want to open a lunch with cute critters, cartoon characters and such? I may try to make some onigri and cut some shapes out of my tomatoes and cucumbers. Why not have fun with food?

I think I am going to try this recipe for some curried zucchini soup since I still have a bunch of zucchini growing in the garden. I have a million tons of cherry tomatoes too. I made one batch of red sauce in the crock pot and froze it. Maybe I'll make some more or guazpacho or something.

Well off for more coffee and to begin my work.

edited to add:
I made the soup and substituted plain water for the chicken stock. I also used a little more zucchini just because I have so much. I have to say, it's pretty darn tasty!

No comments: